1 – Get an overview of all of the components required for migration from Windows XP to Windows 8.1, and figure out which components and methods best suit your needs.
OTHER LESSONS SUBSCRIBE TO UPLOAD MORE LESSONS
1. Enhanced Windows Data Encryption Training
2. Lync Devices Strategy
3. Porting Unity games to Windows 8.1 & Windows Phone
4. Troubleshooting Windows 8 Startup and Resource Consumption
5. Utilizing SysInternals Tools for IT Pros
6. Windows Server 2012 DirectAccess Training
7. Windows Server 2012 R2 Access and Information Protection
2 – Learn the purpose and requirements of the User State Migration Tool (USMT), and gain a greater understanding of how the different migration tools work.
3 – Join Kyle as he expands on the information regarding USMT hard link migration provided in Module 2, and get insights into how hard link migration works.
4 – Walk through the steps to perform a Windows 8.1 installation on a Windows XP machine, see the various methods of installation, and review the different files and folders created in the process.
5 – Hear a description of the components in the 2013 Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, walk through how to prepare the toolkit for deployment, and see how to create a deployment tas
6 – Explore the concepts of Zero Touch Deployment, and learn how to integrate Microsoft Deployment Toolkit with System Center Configuration Manager.
7 – Explore the methods of creating a Windows 8.1 image, and review various tools available for image manipulation.